Tuesday 5 April 2011

Boy, am I slack at this!

I have to say, finding the time to write a blogpost with a toddler is difficult! By that, I don't mean teaching little rabbit how to type so she can co-author posts - that's just plain crazy! However, so many things have happened or are happening that I snatched away a moment which basically means less sleep tonight.. ahh what the heck.

So, big news in Bosom Buddies land. We've officially been offered a family room at the Roundabout Children's Centre in Whitehawk, which is great news as this enables us to have a base for a regular meet! It won't affect our Monday public meet-ups, these will still happen, but it does mean that if you fancy two doses of us Bosom Buddies then feel free to come to both. Although be warned, apparently with it being a Surestart centre we're not allowed to bring cakes in!! We did almost faint at the mention of this, but never fear... we have a cunning plan up our sleeve and it's sugar-free... Launch date is May 13th from 12.30 until 14.30, and yes we're aware it's Friday 13th but we like to live on the edge... of sanity.

If you're free on Tuesday evening next week, we recommend checking out 'Cherry Healey investigates: Is breast best?' http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010fq6q. Mrs Healey came down to B'Town and spoke to a couple of breastfeeders we've the pleasure of knowing. I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion next week so please feel free to post your comments on here (or Facebook)

Right, I'm off. Spring has sprung, so I need to catch my zeds so I can go and frolic in the daffodils tomorrow. I'm not going to make any promises about when I'll next post, but hopefully it'll be before I turn 40!


Update on our previous post - we are now officially breastfeeding peer supporters! Hoorah! You may be asking 'but what does that mean?' It means that we're trained to support women with any aspect of their breastfeeding journey. And we've been taught how to make a proper cup of tea... I kid, I kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment